Thursday, July 27, 2017

Doreen Taylor on Playbill.com

"An Enchanted Evening: A Night With Oscar Hammerstein II" starring award winning singer and Billboard Top 100 recording artist Doreen Taylor was featured on Playbill.com. The in-depth piece highlights the current movement to help save 'Highland Farm' where Oscar Hammerstein II lived and created some of Broadway's greatest musicals (Sound of Music, The King & I, Carousel, South Pacific, Oklahoma!, etc) and the brand new show/musical revue that has been created by Taylor to help raise money and awareness.

Taylor told Playbill, “I grew up performing in many of the great shows that Oscar Hammerstein II helped create and I have always been very fond of his work. In March, I happened to meet Will and Mandee Hammerstein (and Oscar IV!!) at a music video premiere party I hosted for my single ‘Unstoppable’ in Philadelphia. We really hit it off and I learned about how Highland Farm's future was being threatened and I immediately offered to step up and help. It seemed like a no-brainer for me to lend my talents to the cause in the best way I could—through music and performing. I created this show from a very special place in my heart and as a labor of love. I honor Oscar and will always be grateful for forever changing the landscape of musical theatre history and being able to help save this legendary landmark is a great honor for me.” Click here to read the whole story!

The show debuts on Thursday, August 24th 7:30pm at the Bristol Riverside Theatre (120 Radcliffe Street Bristol, PA)

BUY TICKETS NOW!

No comments: